Everyone has had that moment, when the event or due date they were supposed to remember has suddenly drowned in the pool of their own thoughts. Many people feel overwhelmed with their work, school, or life in general and do not know what to do in order to keep on top of this hectic thing called life.
What they don’t realize is that a lot of this stress can be minimized with the use of some form of a planner! It can be a traditional book, a smartphone, or just sticky-note to-do lists… whatever is best for you. People have found that when they capture all of those thoughts that run around in their head and write them down, it helps them feel relieved and in control because they no longer have to rely on only their brain to recall anything and everything.
Don’t believe us? Here are just four reasons why having a planner can better your life. We promise that once you find a planning system that works for you, it will be hard to think of a time that you didn’t use it.
- No more forgetting birthdays, due dates, or test dates (hopefully)!
- Give your brain a break by writing things down! It’s okay to not be able to recall everything but if you write it down while it is fresh in your mind, you will now have a written reminder. Just let it go and let your planner take the fall.
- Sleep better! Have you ever been unable to fall asleep because all of the tasks you have to do are rushing around your head? Simply having a place where you know that all your to-dos are written down can help relieve that stress and help you sleep easy.
Make an Impression
- People take notice when you are always on top of things and very organized. Having planning and organization skills can put you above the rest when it comes to job opportunities.
- Get ahead of the game! Good planning can help you prepare assignments, papers, projects, or anything else far enough in advance so that you are not scrambling last minute and stressing.
Be More Productive and Organized
- Writing down what you do during the day can help you see where your time is being spent. You can use this knowledge to improve your time management skills.
- Never again will a due date sneak up on you! Having an idea of when due dates are allow you to study and prepare accordingly.
- Have control over your schedule. Time is like money, it is something that you must budget. Having a planner can help you see what you need to focus more time on (like a big presentation that you have in a week) and what you can take time away from (The video games and television will still be there when you’re done).
Document Your Life
- A planner is the most simple version of a journal/diary out there. Perhaps journaling isn’t your thing, but a well kept planner can be just as satisfying.
- You can look back and see what you were doing a year ago! It is sort of a nostalgic feeling, looking back on your senior year of high school or perhaps the year you were planning a wedding. It is full of memories.
- Keep track of everything. A planner can be used as a food diary, exercise tracker, or even hold all of those questions that you have for your doctor throughout the year. Planners have many uses and can be tailored to your needs.
This is just scratching the surface of the planner world. Once you develop a system, with your own preferences on how you plan, you can create a planning device that will be a great tool everyday. Your perfect planner is out there if you are just willing to look. Have no fear! We are here to help you down the path to being a less stressed version of yourself.